Original Review from Computer Audiophile Forum
Here is my just-completed build of a fanless silent music player.
– HDPLEX 2nd Gen H5 fanless chassis
– HDPLEX HiFi 250W DC-ATX (nanoATX series) power converter
– HDPLEX 160W AC-DC w/PFC (nanoATX series) PSU
– Supermicro X11SAE-M uATX motherboard
– Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 CPU
– 16GB DDR4-2133 memory
– Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
– PPA v2 USB card
This box will be used to run HQPlayer. Target OS is Windows 10. The M.2 SSD is a placeholder which will eventually be removed to make the box diskless, booting from a mounted iSCSI drive served by a silent NUC box acting as NAS and containing my music library.
I’m also waiting for an HDPLEX 300W ATX linear PSU to arrive, and will be able to compare the sound between the above PSU setup and the HDPLEX 300W ATX linear PSU.